2

Blogging is a famous trend now for most of us. Back in the days, blogging is done as a hobby. However, as time passes by, people tend to blog for side income. You will be surprised when i tell you there are people who actually earn at least 3-figures pay monthly just by blogging.

As a blogger, you are able to write any topic you liked and basically everything under the sun. You can work whenever and where ever you wish. This is indeed a great advantage of being a blogger. Another word, you are typically working at home.


Choosing the right one

Blogger and WordPress are both huge anf famous sites for free blogging service. However, there are debates on which is actually better. I had used both and yes, both are equally good. It actually depends on what you really looking for as a blogger; example are you looking for a professional look or simply by monetize your blog and customize it to your preferences.

In this hubs, I will be explaining about the differences of both of them and in the end, I will be giving my own point of view as a blogger myself.

Let the showdown begin, shall we?!

WordPress for Professionalism                             The famous W for WordPress

The famous W for WordPress     Wordpress dashboard offers a complete control of your blog
Wordpress dashboard offers a complete control of your blog

Let me start off with WordPress. I write for both Blogger (also known as Blogspot) and WordPress. I got to admit that if you are looking for a professional looking blog, WordPress is the right one for you. The design and dashboard features are the ones I truly admire. It gives you a complete control on the settings of your blog and at the same time, it is extremely user-friendly.

In the case where you have your own domain, you can get free WordPress addon and even use it at your own site. This is in fact something I really liked about WordPress. Even though I have yet to establish my own domain, choosing between Blogger and WordPress is already a big challenge for me.

The dashboard of WordPress is excellent. I liked the feeling where you can actually see nearly all the settings options in one screen without having the need to really going into the tabs for example. The layout of WordPress is simple and you are not able to change the layout. It is fixed and you have to work with what you got in hand.

Blogger a.k.a. BlogSpot for Simplicity             The capital B for Blogger.com

The capital B for Blogger.com                   Simplicity best describes Blogger
Simplicity best describes Blogger

How about Blogger? Blogger is also a good place to write. For a newbie in online writing or blogging, Blogger might just be a right place for you. It has simple to use templates for you to choose from and even various methods you can choose to create an interesting blog.

I started at Blogger the hard way as I am really bad in computer. May be I would put it this way that Blogger is over easy for me where it turns out opposite for me. It was really hard for me to configure the setting and adjusting the fonts were a huge, huge challenge for me. Even though most people said Blogger was a great place for newbie as it is easy, may be the lack of basic computer skills really affected me in my early days at Blogger.

I love Blogger now more than WordPress simply because I can monetize it. Google Adsense is possible at Blogger and even Amazon affiliation program. Lately, I sat down and learn every single detail of style and format Blogger has to offer. I wouldn’t say I made a great blog but I am happy that I learn something new from Blogger and even able to use the best out of it.

Google Adsense is a great earning tool as at Blogger, you are given 100% revenue from the ads clicked on your blog(s). With this, Google Adsense had become a valuable asset to the success of Blogger.com.

Here comes the million dollar question: Which is better?

The battle continues...
 
The battle continues...Both are equally good and both excel in their own world. Does anyone of them have an advantage over the other? Yes there are and I am glad to tell you I am happy that both has their pros and cons which made my choosing become slightly easier!

Blogger

Blogger is a great place to start if you are new to blogging and online writing. The templates are there for you to start and you can get your articles up by no time. Furthermore, you can embled Google Adsense to boost your earning which is a great to monetize your articles. At the same time, don't forget about Amazon affiliate program where you can promote your own items or even Amazon products and get a nice revenue from there.

However, you got to 'play around' with the setting for a small time period before you can totally master the settings. The settings are mostly in the Design tab and if you are rushing, it might be a big headache for you.

WordPress

WordPress is also a great place to start. What I love most about WordPress is the dashboard. I would describe WordPress dashboard as a complete control over your own blog. Nearly everything you need is in dashboard and you don't have to start a 'hunting trip' to find something. From my personal experience, WordPress is more user-friendly compared to Blogger. WordPress has the professional look which is definitely a plus-sign for all bloggers.

At the same time, WordPress has its own disadvantages too. One of the biggest downside of WordPress is the lack of ability to monetize your blog. You are not able to use Google Adsense at WordPress. Users are also not able to change the templates at WordPress unlike Blogger which gives the user a variety of template choices to choose from.

Summary

Which is the better one? This is indeed a very tough choice for me to say as I love both platforms due to its uniqueness. Personally, I am more active in Blogger since I plan to monetize my blogs. The Blogger platform is easy to use and I am totally hooked up with the choices of templates they are offering.

As for WordPress, I really like the ‘all-in-one’ dashboard function. However, I am less fond of using WordPress since it has no monetize option available at the moment. However, WordPress platform is definitely a good choice for all who have their own domain as it works wonders for all.

In a nutshell, I would strongly advise all readers to try out both sites and see which suit best for both your needs and requirements. Both are equally good and I am sure you will enjoy using them as much as I do!

Next
Newer Post
Previous
This is the last post.

Post a Comment Blogger

Thank you..

 
Top